Why You Need to Appreciate God all the Time, a Motivational True Story



This story is meant to inspire you to always appreciate God for the little you have, no matter how small it is.

I'm a Christian, but I think that doesn't have to do with appreciating God's love over you.

Everyone, irrespective of religious denomination, has to be appreciative of God's love over themselves.

I always thank God. But I was  always complaining about what I didn't have over what I did.

It came to a stage when my wife told me, "Dear, why not think about what you have over what you don't? It's only through that you can appreciate God's love and protection."

I wouldn't agree with her completely until one fateful day.

What happened?

I went to my bank. On coming back I took a bike in order to beat the traffic gridlock caused by students' unrest in Osogbo, Osun State capital.

The bike, not even on a high speed, hit the immediate commercial bus ahead of us.

We both struggled-rider and me- but we couldn't help it, we fell inside a very deep drainage made of concrete.

I thought I'd be brought out heavily wounded because I remained in there until some passers by came to lift me out of the seemingly "canal" that housed me.

To God be the glory I only had bruises on my knees and other places. Not the kind of bruises that could land me in an  Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the nearby hospital.

No one needed to tell me I  have to give Thanks to God.

This experience changed my orientation about appreciating God's protection.

I also realised that more advantages abound in giving Thanks to God than complaining about what you're lacking.

You have more joy when you appreciate God's blessing, no matter how small it is.

"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. "---Romans: 14:7

Appreciate God all the time, through that you get joy, hope,and be more hopeful.

Shared by Opeyemi QUADRI

Comments

You May Also Like: