Answering Tricky Interview Questions



HOW TO ANSWER TRICKY INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

Today, I will like to take a look at some interview questions and how best to attempt them. No time to waste, let's hit it.

1. MAY WE MEET YOU?

My bro and sis, we aren't interested in how your grandfather was the late village chief and how you were your dad's favourite child because na you be last born.

All we want to know are your name, skills, education background and work experience.

If given more time, you could add something like 'I put my heart into anything I find myself doing, be it sports or work.

I find that getting along with my colleagues and being part of a team makes work more enjoyable and productive'. Shikena.

After saying that, humble yourself like a man that wants to borrow money and wait for the next question.

2. WHY ARE YOU IN THE JOB MARKET?

Biko, don't tell them 'because I want to make money o' or 'because I want to contribute to the development of the society'. How much would you be paid sef?

A simple answer like this should safe the day: To improve my career professionalism and add value to my organization.

In fact, that stuff you copied and pasted on the career objective section on your CV should be recited but make it direct and quick so it doesn't seem you cramed it. If you get me say 'I hear you!'

3.WHAT ARE YOUR MOST SIGNIFICANT ACCOMPLISHMENTS?

Hey, don't tell us when you won the SUG Presidential election in your school, Mr. Efiko.

What we mean here is career-wise, either during your internship or service year.

Tell us when there was an official challenge and you handled it.

As a matter of fact, some bosses will never hire you if you can't give at least one accomplishment you've made in your previous place of work.

4. WHAT ARE YOUR STRENGTHS?

Brother, we can see you are built and ripped. Sister mi, we can see how beautiful and charming you look but that doesn't matter at this point you are on our hot seat.

They can never be your strength. Well, 'the Lord is your strength' Sister Bola said to you on Sunday could do some miracle sha.

But please, don't say 'I can do anything you want me to'. Just talk about the areas you know your strengths lie.

If na me o, I go say 'I'm a humorous person and I enjoy making people happy which creates a friendly work environment around me'.

5. WHAT ARE YOUR WEAKNESSES?
Na so dem ask one guy for one bank interview. His response was 'I don't have any weakness'. I felt like..... forget, let's go on.

We all have weaknesses, don't be afraid of saying it but be positive in selling yourself.

Always overcome your weakness with strenght, e.g, I get angry easily, but I have learnt to be patient with people.

Meanwhile, if you are in South-South or South-East region of Nigeria, make plans to attend our Youth Summit in Uyo on the 26th of January.

It will be life-transforming for job seekers and entrepreneurs who plan to launch start-ups.

Call 07034339955 for details.

Author: Larry, HR Nigeria

Comments

You May Also Like: